Stu Cowan: Canadiens should show concern for Logan Mailloux’s victim

Breadcrumb Trail Links

  1. Sports
  2. NHL
  3. Montreal Canadiens
  4. Hockey Inside Out
  5. Hockey

“Geoff Molson’s aware of everything that goes on in our organization,” assistant GM Trevor Timmins says after polarizing pick.

Author of the article:

Stu Cowan  •  Montreal Gazette

Publishing date:

Jul 24, 2021  •  4 hours ago  •  4 minute read  •  5 Comments

“Geoff Molson’s aware of everything that goes on in our organization and this was a hockey decision and we’ll leave it at that,” Canadiens assistant GM Trevor Timmins said when asked if the team owner/president had signed off on drafting Logan Mailloux. Photo by Allen McInnis /Montreal Gazette Article content

Logan Mailloux said he didn’t deserve to be selected at this year’s NHL Draft.

Advertisement

Story continues below

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.

Article content

The Canadiens — led by team owner/president Geoff Molson, general manager Marc Bergevin and assistant GM Trevor Timmins — thought otherwise and selected the 18-year-old defenceman in the first round (31st overall) Friday night.

Mailloux released a statement Tuesday saying he had renounced himself from the draft, adding he hadn’t earned the privilege of being selected after secretly photographing an 18-year-old woman engaged in a sexual act with him while in Sweden last year and sharing the picture and her identity with his SK Lejon teammates. Mailloux was charged with defamation and offensive photography in Sweden and was fined approximately US$1,650.

After the draft ended…

Click here to read the full article at Montreal Gazette >

Feedback