Entering Tuesday’s NBA Draft Lottery, the San Antonio Spurs had a 50.7% chance of landing the 9th pick in the first round of the 2022 NBA Draft.
After each envelope was revealed, the Spurs ended up with the 9th pick in the first round of the 2022 NBA Draft.
For the draft in June, the Spurs will have four picks – the 9th, the 20th via Toronto, the 25th via Boston, and the 38th via the Los Angeles Lakers in the second round.
It’s early, but here are a few prospects in each of the pick ranges for the Spurs currently based on different mock drafts.
9th Pick Range
20th Pick Range
25th Pick Range
- 6’3″ Jaden Hardy of the G-League Ignite
- 6’10” Nikola Jovic of Mega Mozzart
- 6’7″ EJ Liddell of Ohio State
- 6’7″ MarJon Beauchamp of the G-League Ignite
38th Pick Range
- 6’9″ Leonard Miller of Fort Erie International Academy
- 6’6″ Christian Braun of Kansas
- 6’6″ Max Christie of Michigan State
- 6’6″ Jalen Williams of Santa Clara
- 6’8″ Jake LaRavia of Wake Forest
The NBA Draft will take place on Thursday, June 23, 2022.
Each first round pick has a cap hold on the team’s cap sheet. So for the Spurs, this means there will be cap holds for the 9th pick, 20th pick, and 25th pick, unless they trade a pick, or the eventual player doesn’t end up signing a contract this…