The Eagles were back on the practice fields at the NovaCare Complex on Sunday for practice No. 11 of training camp.
It was a cool morning but tempers flared.
The Eagles have one more practice in Philly (on Tuesday) and will be in Berea, Ohio, for joint practices against the Browns on Thursday and Friday before Sunday’s preseason game.
To the observations:
1. As always, housekeeping:
• The Eagles got a few players back at practice on Sunday, including DeVonta Smith and Kenny Gainwell. Smith hadn’t practiced since Aug. 2 and was very active in his return.
• Jimmy Moreland (ankle) and John Hightower (groin) also returned after missing some practice time. And Britain Covey (thumb) has a sprain he suffered in the game on Friday. All three were limited participants. Covey was able to field punts and kicks.
• Not practicing on Sunday: Miles Sanders (leg soreness), J.J. Arcega-Whiteside (not injury related), Grant Calcaterra (hamstring), Le’Raven Clark (hamstring), Christian Ellis (hamstring), Javon Hargrave (toe), Jason Kelce (elbow), Jarred Mayden (ankle), Boston Scott (concussion), Greg Ward (toe).
• The Eagles before practice cut OL William Dunkle and LB Ali Fayad. They must cut three more players before Tuesday’s 4 p.m. deadline. That’s when all teams must be down to 85. (The Eagles will be down to 86 because Matt Leo still has an international exemption.)
2. Let’s get to the biggest story of Sunday’s session: The fight(s)!
A few years…